Search

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick question about RBC CC History and what happens to it...

Hi there...

Thanks in advance to all the experts in this forum... I've been able to take advantage of some pretty creative minds in here...


Quick question for you... I've been meaning to upgrade my current RBC Gold Visa card to the Platinum AVION and have been approached a few times by the bank to upgrade, but am concerned that I would lose all my credit history with my older Gold card (12 yr history) if I switch. I understand that it's the length of time that is important for your credit score... I'm sitting around 740 right now and don't want it to drop...


By upgrading the card, will my credit history automatically get transferred over to it, or will it start new? just wondering...


Thanks 


 if you upgrade your card the accounts will be linked on your report.
for sure you won't lose your history unless you request to close it and then apply for a new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment