Search

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PC Financial Master card cancelled my card

Hey, so I called PC mastecard and apparently they cancelled my card because of my credit score, they never notified me about this and I only found out when I called as my Card stopped working. I never missed a payment for all of my credit accounts, I went to transunion and got a copy of my credit profile, and its green across all payents for all credit cards, my score however is not as high as expected (588) possibly because it shows a 31 000 loan from OSAP even though I am still in school. Question I had is, is PC FINANCIAL able to cancel my card just like that, and is OSAP supposed be showing up in there even though I am still in school and haven't even started making payments to it

Thanks 


Yes, they can cancel your card whenever they want for whatever reason or no reason.  But there is no doubt, your score would be affected by osap.  It's likely they saw your credit amount and utilization just skyrocket.

It's obvious there is something there that is killing your score. Did you go on an application spree or something? Even then, a pile of hard inquiries won't drop your score to that level unless your score was pretty low to begin with. A handful of new accounts might make it drop, but once again it must have been quite low to begin with to get into the high-500s territory.

The fact they cancelled it outright tells me that PCF was quite concerned and there must be something on your report that spooked them. If they cut your limit then that's one thing, but to completely cancel your account is another thing entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment